Thursday 5 September 2019

Digital Fluency Day 2: Work Flow

Today we have been learning about managing work flow through using Gmail, Calendar, using Tabs effectively and using Google Hang outs. It was great to go through the settings of Gmail and Calendar. At this stage I am happy with the way my Gmail and Calendars are set out and they are working for me. Probably one thing I need to do is to group children's blog posts, so once they are posted they all don't need to go to my Inbox.

It was great learning about using the website: Unroll Me. It was good to remove the junk emails that I have subscribed to over the years in which I don't look at any more and to have a cleaner Inbox.

 I enjoyed using Google Hangouts this morning. I feel Hangouts have a lot of potential but I just need further practise around sharing the screen and ensuring all members are recorded under Quick Time. (Note to Self) No head phones needed if you are using Quick Time to record a group discussion. It was a little disappointing, but it has been a great learning curve.


1 comment:

  1. Unroll Me was a great tool for sure. I used it as well, but also need to go back and be a bit more ruthless as still have emails that I regularly get that I don't even read. We had the video showing with our hangout but no sound! It is disappointing when it doesn't work, but it was cool using it again successfully last week and talking to the participants from Gisborne. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete